Help Kids in Study: Tips and Suggestions
It is dream of every parent to watch their children achieving the success in their life. For this, academic success is very important. It is important as it directly influence the career of the child in future. Academic success directly decides the positive aftermaths of the student after graduation. So parents want to see their children successful in every year of academics but for many children they seem it not too important.
If you are a parent facing this situation and want to see your child at the heights of success, then following the below tips can be useful in helping your child to manage their studies effectively and on time:
- Don’t be aggressive: Doing homework regularly is such a hard task. Don’t be too aggressive while asking your child to do his homework. Ask politely and with love so that they may get convinced. If you scold them, they would more likely to get reluctant in doing their homework.
- Don’t have too high Expectations: Make age appropriate requests. If your child is around teen age, then ask to do their homework whenever they find time. Do not have too many expectations on children under r around grade 9 and have expectations low so that will not hurt if your child gets bad grades.
- Attend the school conferences: Know the teachers and their reaction for the behavior of your child. Regularly attend the parent teacher meetings and school conferences to meet the teachers of your child. Ask about the homework policies and the behavior and position of your child in school.
- Set up Homework Area: Set up a friendly homework area for your child in the house. The area should be well lit and comfortable so that your child might be comfortable in doing his homework.
- Get Organized: Set up an ideal timetable for the child so that he may find equal time to play and to study. In this way he will do his homework on time and can easily slip pass through the hard time of homework.
- Develop a Study Plan: Develop the test day and regular homework days for your kids so that he knows about the test and will learn that one on time. This will help him to complete his syllabus on time and he can also save time from cramming on the night before exam.
- Praise his work and Efforts: Give encouragement on the completed homework and d check regularly his work. Mention all his academic achievements to the relatives so that he may get motivated through this act.
- Give him brakes while studying: Taking a short brake will help your child to concentrate more on studies. So ask your child to take short brakes while studying.